This post was last updated on August 13th, 2022
For many, this or that questions are excellent conversation starters and a great way to break the ice during an online meeting. They’re easy and simple questions for people to answer without any pressure or feeling of being interrogated.
At Woyago we love ‘this or that questions’ so much that we decided to dedicate an entire blog post to it! But of course, our version comes with a Parisian twist, which means we’ve included some questions to ask all about our favorite City of Lights!
Do you find yourself asking this or that questions all the time?
Do you want to know what your coworkers, friends, or even family members say when they’re faced with a question like – “would you rather eat pizza or pasta for the rest of your life?”
Well if so then this blog post is for you! Here are over 100+ this or that questions, plus our exclusive Parisian-inspired ones for your conversation-starting pleasure. They range from easy to difficult and will surely get any virtual team meeting or party going. So put down your phone, start reading, and let the fun begin!
What is the ‘this or that questions game’?
This or that questions are a conversation game where players choose between two items they prefer. Players must choose one word that they prefer over the other and can not add a new option or answer to their response.
Similar to the famous game “Would You Rather,” competitors are asked to choose between two bad things.
This or that questions is also a great way to get to know someone, whether it’s your partner, family, friends, or even your coworkers.
The questions include everything you can think of from food to habits to hypothetical situations.
How do you play the ‘this or that questions game’?
You are given the choice of two statements and you have to choose one. The only rule is that it must be a question, so no multiple choice answers or anything like that. You quite literally choose one option or the other.
There’s also no right or wrong answer- just see what pops into your head first and follow your gut!
How do you ask a ‘this or that question’?
A good idea would be to phrase your questions in the form of a “would you rather” scenario. Like would you rather see a sunrise or a sunset? Or would you rather it be summer or winter?
The Ultimate list of this or that questions for almost every situation!
It may seem like an easy task coming up with a list of would you rather type situations, but you would be surprised how often people are stumped.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. From easy to thought-provoking to our classic Parisian questions to office-friendly and boss-approved questions to ask – you’ll never be stumped again.
Scroll down and read more. It’s time to have some fun!
General this or that questions
Let’s get started with some easy this or that questions to get the flow going.
- Tv shows or movies?
- Football or basketball?
- Baseball or basketball?
- Football or Hockey?
- Heels or flats?
- Spring or Fall?
- Summer or Winter?
- Sunrises or sunsets?
- Car or Truck?
- School or work?
- Reading or writing?
- Video games or music videos?
- Animals or people?
- Comedies or Horror movies?
- Rom-Com or SciFi?
- Beach or pool?
- Big city or countryside?
Food-related this or that questions
Who in this world doesn’t like food? Food-related questions are always a popular category in any this or that match and are perfect for any type of getting to know someone’s style situation. Fair warning though, you may end up hungry.
- Are you a breakfast or skip breakfast type of person?
- Do you prefer pancakes or waffles?
- How about french toast or pancakes?
- Chocolate bar or ice cream?
- Grilled chicken or fish?
- Peas or brussels sprouts?
- Beer or wine?
- Red wine or white wine?
- Beer or Vodka?
- Ice cream sandwich or ice cream cone?
- Hamburgers or hot dogs?
- Pizza or tacos? (This one will always get an opinion!)
- Would you rather eat a burger or pizza?
- French fries or onion rings?
- Mustard or ketchup
- American mustard or Dijon?
- Bacon or turkey bacon?
- Beef ribs or pork?
- Pasta or pizza?
- Tomato sauce or cream sauce?
- Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing?
Pop culture ‘this or that questions’
You can get to know someone a lot just but the music they listen to or the movies and TV shows they religiously follow.
Curious what will these ‘this or that questions’ will reveal about some of your favorite people? It’s time to ask!
- Comedies or Horror movies?
- Rom-Com or SciFi?
- Madonna or Michael Jackson?
- 80’s music or 90’s pop?
- Alternative or Rock?
- Back Street Boys or New Kids on the Block?
- Friends or Seinfeld?
- Scarface or The God Father?
- Star Wars or Star Trek?
- Game of Thrones or Walking Dead?
- Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera?
- Batman or Superman?
- Superwoman or Catwoman?
- Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
- Biggie Smalls or Tupac?
- Kanye West or JAY-Z?
- Beyonce vs Destiny’s Child (who are you choosing, Queen-B on her own or taking her back old school?)
- High School Musical or Glee?
- Vampire or Werewolf? (live forever and never see daylight again, or turn into a hairy beast once a month?)
Parisian style this or that questions to get you in a joie de vivre type of mood!
It is no secret that Paris, France is famous both on and off-screen. And who wouldn’t want to spend a day in the city of love and contemplate what they would rather do, see, eat, taste?
- Baguette or croissant?
- Camembert or brie?
- Eiffel Tower or Arc de Triomphe?
- The Louvre or Musée d’Orsay?
- Champagne or Bordeaux wine?
- Frog’s legs or snails?
- Moulin Rouge or Disneyland Paris?
- Palace of Versailles or Notre Dame Cathedral?
- Notre Dame Cathedral or Sacré‑Coeur (Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris)?
- French beret or chapeau?
- Bike ride along the Seine or fast and furious on the Métro?
- Madeleines and macarons?
- Eiffel Tower at day or Eiffel Tower by night?
- Crepes or waffles?
- Croissants or brioche bread?
- French toast or pancakes?
- Which movie do you like best, Amelie or Funny Face?
- Midnight in Paris with Owen Wilson or BURNT featuring Bradley Cooper?
What are some fun this or that questions to ask at a virtual team building meeting?
Get to know your boss and fellow colleagues with these office-approved this or that questions.
- Coffee or tea?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Bagel or donut?
- Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?
- iPhone or Android?
- Facebook or Twitter?
- Instagram or TikTok?
- Laptop or desktop?
- Netflix or Amazon Prime?
- Board Games or Video Games?
- Passenger or driver?
- Tuna fish sandwich or Egg salad sandwich? (trick question, the answer is neither! You never bring a tuna fish or egg salad sandwich to the office)
- Would you rather give up your phone or TV?
- Would you rather work 12 hours a day and have a four-day work week or your normal business schedule with weekends off?
- Working a four-day week what day would you take off Monday or Friday?
- Would you rather be skilled at a number of new skills or hone one skill and become an expert?
- Would you rather be part of a big team or work on your own?
- Which do you prefer: come in late and leave late or come into work early and head home early?
- Given the choice, would you rather eat the mystery piece of food in the office fridge? Or clean the men’s bathroom?
- Headphones at your desk or office sound system playing music for all?
- Which is better … sitting at your desk answering emails all day? Or in and out of meetings with no emails to reply to?
Hard, thought-provoking this or that questions that will make every participant think twice before answering?
Looking to get deep and serious with your this or that questions game? Want to truly get to know your friends and family? Then we’ve got just the questions to ask!
- Would you rather be stuck on an island alone for one year OR lost in the deep deep woods with barely any sunlight?
- What’s better? Being locked up in a room with no cable, phone, and internet OR stuck on the tarmac in a plane full of people for 24 hours without any food?
- You lose all of your money this year, or you lose all of the memories that you’ve gained this year?
Be colorblind or lose all sense of taste & smell?
- Death by fire? Or death by shark attack?
- Know the cause of your death or the date of your death?
- You need to help save the planet – do you give up toothpaste or your soap?
- Be 90 years old your entire life or 7 years old?
- Do you prefer to listen to one song for 8 hours a day for one week straight that was chosen by you? Or six different types of songs selected by a stranger for the exact same duration of time?
Have you ever played a round or virtual game of “this or that questions?” If so, what were some of the best questions you were asked? Share your answers with us on social.