This post was last updated on March 14th, 2023
Nothing breaks the awkwardness of a meeting like a few good old-fashioned “this or that questions!” From online meetings and in-person gatherings to hybrid schmoozing – this timeless game is sure to get the conversation flowing and is perfect for all kinds of events nowadays.
At Woyago we love ‘this or that questions’ so much so that we dedicated an entire blog post to it! But of course, our version comes with a Parisian twist, which means we’ve included some questions to ask all about our favorite City of Lights.
Table of Contents
General ‘This or That’ Questions
Food-related ‘This or That’ Questions
Pop-culture ‘This or That’ Questions
Parisian Style ‘This or That’ Questions
Work Appropriate ‘This or That’ Questions
Thought-Provoking ‘This or That’ Questions
The Ultimate List of ‘This or That’ Questions for almost every situation!
Ever wondered what your bestie, colleague, or even your mom might choose if faced with the critical decision? ‘Pizza-or-Pasta for the rest of your life?!’.
Well, now you can find out. With over 100+ This Or That questions to get any virtual team meeting (or party) going, plus some exclusive Parisian-inspired ones too – it’s time to turn off that phone and join in on the fun of answering these not-at-all-important dilemmas of life.
General ‘this or that’ questions
Let’s get started with some easy this or that questions to get the flow going.
- Tv shows or movies?
- Football or basketball?
- Baseball or basketball?
- Football or Hockey?
- Heels or flats?
- Spring or Fall?
- Summer or Winter?
- Sunrises or sunsets?
- Car or Truck?
- School or work?
- Reading or writing?
- Play video games or watch music videos?
- Animals or people?
- Long or short hair?
- Christmas eve or Christmas day?
- Carpet or hardwood floors?
- Comedies or Horror movies?
- Rom-Com or SciFi?
- Beach or pool?
- Sand or snow?
- Big city or countryside?
- Bar or club?
- Mountains or beach?
- Cats or dogs?
- Sushi or burgers?
- Eat Ice cream or frozen yogurt?
- Cooking or baking?
- Action movies or comedies?
- Science fiction books or nonfiction books
- Gym or yoga class?
- Camping or glamping?
- Hiking or biking?
- Singing or dancing?
Food-related this or that questions
Foodies rejoice! Get to know someone’s taste with fun food-related questions. Fair warning, though. Just be sure to eat something before playing because you may end up hungry.
- Breakfast or skip breakfast type of person?
- Do you prefer pancakes or waffles?
- How about french toast or pancakes?
- Chocolate bar or ice cream?
- Grilled chicken or fish?
- Peas or brussels sprouts?
- Beer or wine?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Red wine or white wine?
- Beer or Vodka?
- Food truck or restaurant?
- Michelin-star restaurant or Classic Dinner?
- Ice cream sandwich or ice cream cone?
- Hamburgers or hot dogs?
- Pizza or tacos?
- Cheeseburger or pizza?
- French fries or onion rings?
- Mustard or ketchup?
- American mustard or Dijon?
- Bacon or turkey bacon?
- Beef ribs or pork?
- Pasta or pizza?
- Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
- Tomato sauce or cream sauce?
- Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing?
- Coffee or tea?
- Iced or hot coffee?
- Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?
- Bagel or donut?
- Cereal or oatmeal?
- Cheesecake or tiramisu?
- Would you rather drink sour milk or eat moldy cheese?
Pop culture ‘this or that’ questions
You can get to know someone a lot just but the music they listen to or the movies and TV shows they religiously follow.
Curious what will these ‘this or that questions’ will reveal about some of your favorite people? It’s time to ask!
- Netflix or Amazon Prime?
- Disney or Pixar?
- Comedies or Horror movies?
- Rom-Com or SciFi?
- Console games or board games?
- Shopping in-store or online shopping?
- Madonna or Michael Jackson?
- Taylor Swift or Britney Spears?
- 80’s music or 90’s pop?
- Pop music or rock music?
- Alternative or Rock?
- Back Street Boys or New Kids on the Block?
- Friends or Seinfeld?
- Scarface or The God Father?
- Star Wars or Star Trek?
- Game of Thrones or Walking Dead?
- Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera?
- Batman or Superman?
- Superwoman or Catwoman?
- Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
- Biggie Smalls or Tupac?
- Kanye West or JAY-Z?
- Beyonce vs Destiny’s Child (who are you choosing, Queen-B on her own or taking her back old school?)
- High School Musical or Glee?
- Vampire or Werewolf? (live forever and never see daylight again, or turn into a hairy beast once a month?)
Parisian style ‘this or that’ questions to get you in a joie de vivre type of mood!
It is no secret that Paris, France is famous both on and off-screen. And who wouldn’t want to spend a day in the city of love and contemplate what they would rather do, see, eat, taste?
- Baguette or croissant?
- Camembert or brie?
- Eiffel Tower or Arc de Triomphe?
- The Louvre or Musée d’Orsay?
- Champagne or Bordeaux wine?
- Frog’s legs or snails?
- Moulin Rouge or Disneyland Paris?
- Palace of Versailles or Notre Dame Cathedral?
- Notre Dame Cathedral or Sacré‑Coeur (Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris)?
- French beret or chapeau?
- Bike ride along the Seine or fast and furious on the Métro?
- Madeleines and macarons?
- Eiffel Tower by day or Eiffel Tower by night?
- Crepes or waffles?
- Croissants or brioche bread?
- French toast or pancakes?
- Which movie do you like best, Amelie or Funny Face?
- Midnight in Paris with Owen Wilson or BURNT featuring Bradley Cooper?
Fun work-related ‘this or that’ questions to ask at a virtual team building meeting
Get to know your boss and fellow colleagues with these office-approved this or that questions.
- iPhone or Android?
- Dream job or dream house?
- Public transport or bike to work?
- Slack or Zoom?
- Facebook or Twitter?
- Instagram or TikTok?
- Laptop or desktop?
- Netflix or Hulu?
- Would you rather be the smartest person or the most popular?
- Online or in-person meetings?
- Outdoor lunch break or indoor office break time?
- Date night with your partner, or play sports/ hang with friends?
- Board games or computer games?
- Board games like Monopoly or mobile games like CandyCrush?
- Card games or board games?
- Passenger or driver?
- Do you scrunch or fold your toilet paper?
- Tuna fish sandwich or Egg salad sandwich? (trick question, the answer is neither! You never bring a tuna fish or egg salad sandwich to the office)
- Would you rather give up your phone or TV?
- Would you rather work 12 hours a day and have a four-day work week or your normal business schedule with weekends off?
- Working a four-day week, what day would you take off, Monday or Friday?
- Would you rather be skilled at a number of new skills or hone one skill and become an expert?
- Would you rather be part of a big team or work on your own?
- Which do you prefer: come in late and leave late or come into work early and head home early?
- Given a choice, would you rather eat the mystery piece of food in the office fridge? Or clean the men’s bathroom?
- Headphones at your desk or office sound system playing music for all?
- Which is better … sitting at your desk answering emails all day? Or in and out of meetings with no emails to reply to?
- Coffee shop morning meetings or video call lunch check-ins?
Ready to host your own ‘this or that’ virtual team building meeting? Get in touch with us here! Virtual Team Building Activities by Woyago.com.
Hard, thought-provoking ‘this or that questions’ that will make every participant think twice before answering?
Looking to get deep and serious with your this or that question game? Want to truly get to know your friends and family? Then we’ve got just the questions to ask!
- Would you rather be stuck on an island alone for one year OR lost in the deep, deep woods with barely any sunlight?
- Public or private proposal?
- What’s better? Being locked up in a room with no cable, phone, and internet OR stuck on the tarmac in a plane full of people for 24 hours without any food?
- You lose all of your money this year, or you lose all of the memories that you’ve gained this year?
- Be colorblind or lose all sense of taste & smell?
- Death by fire? Or death by shark attack?
- Know the cause of your death or the date of your death?
- You need to help save the planet – do you give up toothpaste or your soap?
- Be 90 years old your entire life or 7 years old?
- Do you prefer to listen to one song for 8 hours a day for one week straight that was chosen by you? Or six different types of songs selected by a stranger for the exact same duration of time?
FAQ’s about ‘This or That’ questions
What is the ‘this or that’ questions game?
This or that questions are a conversation game where players choose between two items they prefer. Players must choose one word that they prefer over the other and can not add a new option or answer to their response.
Similar to the famous game “Would You Rather,” competitors are asked to choose between two bad things.
‘This or that’ questions are also a great way to get to know someone, whether it’s your partner, family, friends, or even your coworkers.
The questions include everything you can think of, from food to habits to hypothetical situations.
How do you play the ‘this or that questions game’?
You are given the choice of two statements, and you have to choose one. The only rule is that it must be a question, so no multiple-choice answers or anything like that. You quite literally choose one option or the other.
There’s also no right or wrong answer- just see what pops into your head first and follow your gut!
How do you ask a ‘this or that question’?
A good idea would be to phrase your questions in the form of a “would you rather” scenario. Like, would you rather see a sunrise or a sunset? Or would you rather it be summer or winter?
Have you ever played a round or virtual game of “this or that questions?” If so, what were some of the best questions you were asked? Share your answers with us on social.